Geomaterials and Geotechnical Modeling
Research conducted in the laboratory "Geomaterials and Geotechnical Modeling" fit into the perspective of the "Geotechnical Multiscale" from the grain to real structure. They are based on two outstanding facilities, large equipment and a platform for analysis and experimentation on geomaterials:
- The Geotechnical Centrifuge and its complementary equipment (Robot Simulator Earthquakes) is the major test facility in France for modeling Physics Geotechnical scaled. It is also used for testing macrogravity on various materials (aeronautics, medical, ...).
- The experimental platform on geomaterials comprises two elements:
- The Experimental Soil Mechanics pole brings together most of the experiments assigned to the hydro-mechanical characterization (including research on the phenomena of fatigue) natural soils or redesigned, industrial by-products or sediment, in the works Geotechnical (retaining, foundation) and earthworks (dykes, infrastructure platform)
- In partnership with the Institute of Materials of Nantes, The Imaging pole and physical chemistry allows the observation of soil at scales ranging from the micrometer and millimeter leading to the identification of the reactions between the components, especially in the processing of fine soil.
The GMG-GERS laboratory is developing research on:
- Compaction and soil treatment for earthworks or building
- Waste recovery (co industrial, sediment, rubble, ..)
- Soil reinforcement, soil fatigue
- Physical modeling in Geotechnics
- The foundation under complex loading (eg wind turbine foundations)
- The physical chemistry of natural soils and treated
The GMG-GERS laboratory also contributes to expertise in geotechnical and dissemination of doctrine (training, standardization, writing guides).
Éléments de bilan, de programmation et annexesMore...
In late 2016, the IFSTTAR broke the symbolic barrier of 500 PhDs written and successfully defended at the Institute since its creation in 2011. This...More...
Une conférence dédiée à l’exploitation ferroviaireMore...
Début de coopération avec le Ministère Québécois Transports, Mobilité durable et Électrification des transportsMore...
Recarbonatation des granulats de bétons recyclés : le MEEM signe une convention de recherche avec l'Ifsttar.More...
1er Symposium Européen sur l’adhérence des chausséesMore...
L'Enquête Publique portant sur l’aménagement de la plateforme d’expérimentation et de recherche « Transpolis » dans l’AIN, dédiée aux transports et la...More...
From 20 to 22 mars 2017, IFSTTAR will host the 5th International Conference on Driver Distraction and Inattention* at its Marne-la-Vallée site. This...More...